All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionPerspectives on the Extent of the Atonement presents a point-counterpoint exchange concerning God s intention in sending Christ to die on the cross. All three contributors recognize a substitutionary element in the atoning work of Christ, but disagree over the nature and objects of that substitution.Carl Trueman (Westminster Theological Seminary) argues that Christ s atoning work secured the redemption of his elect alone. While infinite in value, Christ s death was intended for and applied strictly to those whom the Father had elected unconditionally in eternity past.John Hammett (Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary) argues that Christ s atoning work had multiple intentions. Of these intentions two rise to the fore: (1) the intention to accomplish atonement for God s elect and (2) the intention to provide atonement for all mankind.Grant Osborne (Trinity Evangelical Divinity School) argues that Christ s atoning work provided atonement generally for all mankind. The application of that atoning work is conditioned, however, on each person s willingness to receive it.
- Author BiographyAndrew David Naselli is assistant professor of New Testament and Biblical Theology at Bethlehem College and Seminary, research manager for D. A. Carson, and administrator of Themelios. Mark A. Snoeberger is associate professor of Systematic Theology at Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary.
- PublisherB&H Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitlePerspectives
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintB&H Publishing Group
- Weight299 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDr Andrew David Naselli,Dr Mark A Snoeberger
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.