Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionAddressing itself to the problem of kwledge fragmentation, this collection of essays seeks to develop strategies from a variety of perspectives: scientific, religious, and pedagogical. The newly founded Association for the Unity and Integration of Kwledge has assembled this material from its inaugural conference held at the University of Calgary in 1994. Taking interdisciplinary studies beyond the mere juxtaposition of disciplines for the purpose of solving specific problems, the essays in this collection focus on the more general problem of integrating different kinds of understanding in a n-sectarian manner.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Garth Benson is an associate professor at the University of Calgary. He graduated with a Ph.D. in science education from the University of Alberta in 1984. His research interests are in the areas of philosophy of science, teacher knowledge, and critical theory. Ronald Glasberg is an associate professor in the Faculty of General Studies at the University of Calgary. With a doctorate in intellectual history from the University of Toronto, he has written a variety of articles on the problem of gaining overviews of historical trajectories and cultural configurations. Bryant Griffith graduated from the University of Toronto in 1984 with a Ph.D. in science education. He is presently the Assistant Dean of the Graduate Division of Educational Research at the University of Calgary. He has written in the areas of higher education, historiography, language awareness, and teacher knowledge.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/1998
- Series TitleCounterpoints Studies in the Postmodern Theory of Education
- Series Part/Volume Number39
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1998
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight420 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byBryant Griffith,Garth Benson,Ronald Glasberg
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.