All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionThe Second Edition of this important book continues to provide a thorough and critical treatment of persuasion theory and research. Daniel J O'Keefe combines a discussion of research on the production of persuasive messages with more traditional research on the study of message effects. The book: - provides a summary of relevant research literature in persuasion - includes suggestions for how to avoid premature generalizations from limited research evidence - presents detailed discussions on important theoretical and methodological questions. The new edition contains more coverage of the theory of reasoned action, a new chapter on functional approaches to attitude, a new chapter on behavioural change, and new material on persuasive campaigns. The research citations and examples are also updated.
- Author BiographyDaniel J. O'Keefe is the Owen L. Coon Professor in the Department of Communication Studies at Northwestern University. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and has been a faculty member at the University of Michigan, Pennsylvania State University, and the University of Illinois. He has received the National Communication Association's Charles Woolbert Research Award, its Golden Anniversary Monograph Award, its Rhetorical and Communication Theory Division Distinguished Scholar Award, and its Health Communication Division Article of the Year Award, the International Communication Association's Best Article Award and its Division 1 John E. Hunter Meta-Analysis Award, the International Society for the Study of Argumentation's Distinguished Research Award, the American Forensic Association's Daniel Rohrer Memorial Research Award, and teaching awards from Northwestern University, the University of Illinois, and the Central States Communication Association.
- Author(s)Daniel J. O'Keefe
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication12/03/2002
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight733 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.