All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionIn her last completed vel, published posthumously, Jane Austen revisits the theme of mischance and misunderstanding along the road to personal happiness. Circumstances force vainglorious spendthrift Sir Walter Elliot to let out the family seat, Kellynch Hall, whose new Admiral and Mrs Croft open up old emotional wounds. Mrs Croft's brother, Captain Frederick Wentworth was once engaged to Sir Walter's second daughter, Anne, who was persuaded to break with the dashing but penniless naval officer, as much for his benefit as her own. Captain Wentworth's fortunes have since prospered, but the pain of past rejection burns deep. Anne can only look on with regret as her former love seems to have ather in his marital sights, while she finds herself with a new ardent suitor in the shape of Sir Walter's heir. Having been forced into prudence in her youth , the mature Anne must use her own judgment, exercise her own will - should a second opportunity present itself.
- Author(s)Jane Austen
- PublisherHyde Park Editions Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleTap Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHyde Park Editions Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.