All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCan computers change what you think and do? Can they motivate you to stop smoking, persuade you to buy insurance, or convince you to join the Army? Yes, they can, says Dr. B.J. Fogg, director of the Persuasive Techlogy Lab at Stanford University. Fogg has coined the phrase Captology (an acronym for computers as persuasive techlogies) to capture the domain of research, design, and applications of persuasive computers.In this thought-provoking book, based on nine years of research in captology, Dr. Fogg reveals how Web sites, software applications, and mobile devices can be used to change people's attitudes and behavior. Techlogy designers, marketers, researchers, consumers-anyone who wants to leverage or simply understand the persuasive power of interactive techlogy-will appreciate the compelling insights and illuminating examples found inside. Persuasive techlogy can be controversial-and it should be. Who will wield this power of digital influence? And to what end? Now is the time to survey the issues and explore the principles of persuasive techlogy, and B.J. Fogg has written this book to be your guide.
- Author BiographyB.J. Fogg directs research and design at Stanford University's Persuasive Technology Lab. An experimental psychologist, Dr. Fogg also teaches in Stanford's Department of Computer Science and School of Education. He holds several patents, and his work has been featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, and The Wall Street Journal.
- Author(s)B. J. Fogg
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication04/01/2003
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleInteractive Technologies
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.96Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.