All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $46.67
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.74
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $12.87
- AU $20.05Trending at AU $27.70
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $51.28
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.19
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $16.29
About this product
- DescriptionHe is one of the greatest musical talents Britain has ever produced. But even as the principle songwriter and lead guitarist for The Who, it would be unjust to define Pete Townshend's life simply through his achievements with bandmates Daltrey, Moon and Entwistle. Noting that he has sold over 100 million records over a fifty-year period goes some way to quantifying his accomplishments, but numbers only scratch the surface of his contribution to popular culture. An avid student of his profession, during his career he has been credited with the creation of the concept album, worked as a literary editor, developed scripts for television and the stage, and written songs that have defined a generation. The thinking man's rock star with a dedication to his craft unlike any other in the business, he continues to inspire new generations of performers and writers with a continuing commitment to his art. Now, in one of the most eagerly awaited autobiographies of recent times, this icon tells about his incredible life and elaborates on the turbulences of time spent as one of the world's most respected musicians - being in one of rock's greatest ever bands, and wanting to give it all up. Incredibly, as a man who has achieved so much, this truly unique story of ambition, relentless perfectionism and rock and roll excess will be regarded as one of his greatest achievements.
- Author BiographyThe defining guitarist of a generation, Pete was the powerful creative force behind The Who, widely regarded as one of the greatest rock bands of all time. His musical knowledge and writing ability was and is unparalleled, and his taste for rebellion renowned. The destruction of the very guitars that resounded with the legendary tracks My Generation and I Can't Explain brought him acclaim and notoriety in equal measure, but his pure passion and talent has guaranteed his status as an icon and authority on rock 'n' roll for decades. Pete has widely been cited as an inspiration to countless musicians, celebrated in their own right, and continues to perform to sell-out audiences across the globe with his fellow band members.
- Author(s)Pete Townshend
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Content Note(2x8pp colour plates)
- Weight350 g
- Width139 mm
- Height142 mm
- Read byPete Townshend
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1076
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.