Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionWhen it comes to Australian sporting icons, Peter Brock sits at the top. After winning Bathurst by an unbelievable six laps in 1979, the 'King of the Mountain' made his way into our households and our hearts. Brock's colourful private life has triggered plenty of rumours but the truth has remained obscure. Here, one of his closest friends, and a co-driver, tells the real story of Peter Brock. With more than 200 photographs and a revealing tribute from his daughter, Peter Brock: The Real Story is an honest, often funny, and very touching account of Brock's life both inside and outside the cockpit.
- Author BiographyAn award-winning journalist and writer for over thirty years, Wayne Webster has worked for some of Australia's leading newspapers and magazines and has been a contributor to a number of prestigious international publications. A friend of Peter Brock since the mid-1970s, he witnessed the highs and lows of the Australian sporting icon on both a professional and personal level for the best part of three decades. In 1998 he was held captive by Brock in a Holden Jackaroo for more than three weeks while they contested a Round Australia rally. They finished second. He blamed Brock for not winning. Brock blamed him. They also finished second in the Australian Safari, the nation's premier cross-country rally. It was the same story. Webster is an accomplished driver in his own right, having raced at Bathurst and in the Australian Rally Championship. Although he admits to finding himself faster on the word processor than on the track these days, he is happy to lie about his sporting abilities. He lives in Sydney.
- Author(s)Wayne Webster
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication02/08/2010
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPenguin Books Australia
- Content Note200 photographs
- Weight445 g
- Width134 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- benjamin27531 May, 2016by
How could this not be an interesting and a must read... The man is a ledgend..
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.