All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEver wondered why The Scream brings a smile to the faces of people worldwide? Felt inadequate because you don't find the Sistine Chapel ceiling as funny as it should be? After reading this book you'll never be daunted by art again. From Pop Art to Pollock, Reir to Rodin, Hockney to Hirst and Matisse to Monet, Peter Duggan's Artoons is a clever and satirical series of cartoons on artists, artworks and all things art related from the popular Guardian Online series by Peter Duggan. With over 100 unique takes on the history of art, Peter Duggan's Artoons will have you laughing along with the rest of the gallery crowd. It is the perfect gift for people who love both art and smiling and will make you look at your favourite paintings in a new and surprising way.
- Author BiographyPeter Duggan's Artoons series has been featured on the Guardian online since 2011. He spent 7 years as a registrar at the Art Gallery of New South Wales in Sydney. Moving to London in 2005, Peter has worked for several years at the prominent London commercial gallery, the Alan Cristea Gallery and has made the acquaintance of some of the artists he has depicted. Peter has a BA and an MA in Fine Art from the University of New South Wales in Sydney, has exhibited in group and solo exhibitions, and has painted numerous portrait commissions over the years. He has also made a number of short films, all of which are very silly.
- Author(s)Peter Duggan
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- SubjectCartoons & Comic Strips
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirgin Books
- Weight315 g
- Width148 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.