All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.18
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.64
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $71.31
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.73
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $31.73
About this product
- DescriptionThe classic exploits of Peter Pan, the Neverland resident, whose everlasting youth and adventure has delighted readers for more than one hundred years. Join us for some of Peter s most memorable adventures with Captain Hook, Wendy, John, Michael and the Lost Boys. Readers will enjoy this original volume immensely.
- Author BiographySir James Matthew Barrie was born on May 9, 1860 in Kirriemuir, Scotland. Educated in Scotland, he eventually moved to London, England, where he had a career as a playwright and novelist, creating more than five dozen works. The character of Peter Pan first appeared in 1902, in The Little White Bird, and again in 1904, in the play, The Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up. Finally, in 1911, Barrie wrote the novel Peter and Wendy. The name Wendy was created specifically for the story, inspired by a young girl named Margaret Henley, who called Barrie Friendy, but had a speech difficulty, which made it sound like Fwendy. In April 1929, Barrie gave the rights to the Peter Pan works to the Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital. His last play was written in 1936. Barrie's friends included Robert Louis Stevenson, Arthur Conan Doyle, A. A. Milne, Sir Walter Raleigh, George Bernard Shaw and H. G. Wells. He died of pneumonia on June 19, 1937 and is buried in Scotland next to his parents.
- Author(s)J M Barrie
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byRichard S Hartmetz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.