All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe photographs of artist Peter Schlesinger are a visual diary of an extraordinary life that intersected with some of the brightest names in the worlds of art, fashion, and society. Schlesinger's remarkable journey began in 1966 when as an 18 year old student at UCLA he met the artist David Hockney. The two moved to London, where Schlesinger was introduced to the city's fashionable bohemian society. There, as well as on trips, Schlesinger met and photographed some of the great personalities of the day, including Cecil Beaton, Paloma Picasso, Grace Coddington, Tina Chow, Christopher Isherwood, and Malo Blahnik - to name just a few. This beautifully produced book presents an overview of 30 years of photographic work from Schlesinger's archives. In addition to intimate portraits, the book includes Schlesinger's evocative still lives, which convey the romance, humour, and elegance of their time. This is the first mograph to present the full range of Schlesinger's photographic work.
- Author BiographyPeter Schlesinger was born and raised in California. His sculptures and paintings have been exhibited widely and are in the collections of the Parrish Art Museum, The Farnsworth Museum, and Manchester Gallery of Art, England. He currently resides in New York City with his partner, the photographer Eric Book information Boman.
- Author(s)Hilton Als,Peter Schlesinger
- Date of Publication21/09/2015
- Place of PublicationBologna
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Weight1270 g
- Width246 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.