All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents letters, treatises and poems from the manuscripts of Peter Sterry (1613-1672) at Emmanuel College Library, Cambridge. It is the first edition that includes complete writings by the chaplain of Oliver Cromwell, friend of John Milton and one of the most imaginative writers of English Puritanism. Sterry provides a unique portrait of nconformist religious and social life during the period of the great persecution.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Dr. N.I. Matar completed his Ph.D. studies at Emmanuel College, Cambridge. He has taught at Jordan University, the American University of Beirut, and has been Associate Fellow at Clara Hall, Cambridge and Visiting Scholar at Harvard Divinity School. His publications include over 40 articles on seventeenth-century English thought. Dr. Matar is currently Professor of English at Florida Institute of Technology.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1995
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleUniversity of Kansas Humanistic Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number60
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1994
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight500 g
- Edited byN. I. Matar,N.I Matar
Save on Textbooks
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.57
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
- AU $48.62Trending at AU $54.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.