All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionYou'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll want to pour yourself ather drink... #1 in Amazon Humor and #1 in Bartending! From champagne bottles to baby bottles, this memoirette offers a humorous look at an American mom's decade in Paris. Party girl Vicki moved to the City of Light hoping to drink her fill of wine and fall in love. She accomplished her goal, but t without bumps along the way: romantic encounters gone awry, uniquely French situations threatening her sanity, and two adorable yet energetic kids keeping her on her toes. This memoirette takes you on a journey of the ups and downs of Vicki's life abroad. And each story is paired with a delicious cocktail recipe! You'll enjoy drinks like the Sangria Spritzer, Pretty Good Bloody Mary, and Teeny Bellini. Fans of Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Mindy Kaling, and Chelsea Handler will enjoy the humor and candor in this memoirette. A funny memoir about life in Paris, this collection of humorous essays shows the funny side of life, love, and raising a family in the City of Light. Interview with the Author What was your inspiration to write the Confessions series? After a few too many drinks, I either turn to storytelling or karaoke. I'm much better at storytelling-or so my friends say! They encouraged me to put my tales to paper, and thus was born my series of memoirs, essentially a collection of funny true stories. OK, so they're technically memoirs. But they seem different than traditional memoirs. How would you categorize them? Most bestselling memoirs are written by celebrities, who already have a huge audience. I had to choose a different angle in order to stand out, so I went for humor. I hope people enjoy my funny short stories, which have been compared to chick lit except they're true! I also talk about my travels, so my books would appeal to anyone who likes travel humor and travel memoirs by women. Confessions of a Paris Party Girl is a funny coming of age memoir, while Confessions of a Paris Potty Trainer falls under parenting humor or pregnancy humor. Yikes, those are practically spoilers! Sorry! Between my French last name and my author bio, I think the cat might already be out of the bag. However, even if you have a rough idea of how it all ends, you have idea how rough it was getting there until you read my books! Aren't there already so many memoirs, and ones about Paris in particular? Why should I choose yours? It's true, there are some really great Paris memoirs. The fact that I have read (and enjoyed!) so many bestselling memoirs myself makes me think it's a popular genre for a reason. We're always thirsty for ather sip of Paris, to travel to Paris through the pages of a book, to fall in love with Paris again! In what order should I read the books? Each book can stand alone, but like fine wine and cheese they go great together! I recommend: - Petite Confessions: A Humorous Memoirette with Sassy Drink Recipes - Confessions of a Paris Party Girl: A Humorous Travel Memoir - Confessions of a Paris Potty Trainer: A Humorous Parenting Memoir - Christmas Confessions & Cocktails: A Humorous Holiday Memoir with Sassy Drink Recipes - Confessions & Cocktails: A Humorous Memoirette with Sassy Drink Recipes If you enjoy funny true stories, and want to see the crazy things that happened to this American girl in Paris, you'll enjoy the Confessions series! Categories Humor Essays Biographies & Memoirs Parenting Humor Travel Essays & Travelogues Bartending & Cocktails For readers who like: funny essays, funny true stories, funny pregnancy books, funny short stories, funny books for women, parenting humor, pregnancy humor, motherhood books, drink recipes, cocktail recipes, and bartending.
- Author BiographyAmazon bestselling author Vicki Lesage proves daily that raising two French kids isn't as easy as the hype lets on. In her three minutes of spare time per week, she writes, sips bubbly, and prepares for the impending zombie apocalypse. She lives in Paris with her French husband, rambunctious son, and charming daughter, all of whom mercifully don't laugh when she says au revoir. She penned two books, Confessions of a Paris Party Girl and Confessions of a Paris Potty Trainer, in between diaper changes and wine refills. She writes about the ups and downs of life in the City of Light at VickiLesage.com.
- Author(s)Vicki Lesage
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.