All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionMarjorie Boyle is the first theologian to write about Petrarch the poet as theologian. With her extraordinarily broad and deep kwledge of the theological, historical, and literary contexts of her subject, she presents an entirely original and revisionary account of Petrarch's literary career. Petrarch, she argues, has been misunderstood by the division of his literary enterprise into two sides--Petrarch the poet, Petrarch the humanist reformer--studied by literary critics and historians respectively. Boyle demonstrates that the division is artificial, that the two sides are part of the same prophetic mission. Petrarch's Genius is an important book that deserves to be read by all Petrarch scholars--theologians as well as literary critics and historians.
- Author BiographyMarjorie O'Rourke Boyle is the author of three books on Erasmus: Erasmus on Language and Method in Theology (Toronto 1977), Christian Pagan Mysteries (Toronto 1981), and Rhetoric and Reform (Harvard 1983).
- Author(s)Marjorie O'Rourke Boyle
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication23/10/1991
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width153 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.