All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a spectacular view into one of the most historic homes in the world and all of its four-legged, beaked, and pawed inhabitants from ponies, puppies, and cats to parakeets, sheep, and even an alligator. Interest in presidential pets has risen with the importance, power, and prestige of the American presidency. The American public has an insatiable appetite for stories of everyday life in the White House. This book brings it all to life. With charm, wit, and compelling photographs, author Jennifer Pickens reveals how pets have played an important role in the White House throughout the decades, t only by providing companionship to the Presidents and their families, but also by humanising and softening their political images. The book starts with the Kennedy family and their menagerie of pets and continues through 10 administrations and more than half of a century to the Obama family and First Dog Bo. Throughout the pages are over 200 exquisite photographs of Presidents with their pets in quiet moments as well as more animated times of play most of which have never been seen before. With a foreword by former First Lady Barbara Bush, this book has earned the devotion of the recent United States First Families, many of whom penned a unique quote for their chapters. This poignant collection of stories and photographs is a must-have for pet lovers and lovers of American history alike.
- Author BiographyJennifer Boswell Pickens is a White House social expert, speaker, and event planner. She has personally interviewed dozens of White House insiders, including First Families, social secretaries, chiefs of staff, presidential aides, and White House Executive Residence staff. Her first book, holiday top-seller Christmas at the White House, was the first to fully and accurately document the lavish public and private Christmas decorations, celebrations, themes, traditions, and memories of more than 50 years of First Families. And, like its predecessor, Pets at the White House includes intimate contributions from living former First Families. An accomplished historian, Pickens has served on the Texas Historical Records Advisory Board, Friends of the SMU Library, and on other civic and prominent boards.
- Author(s)Jennifer Boswell Pickens
- PublisherFife & Drum Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFife & Drum Press
- Content Note200 photos
- Weight1104 g
- Width300 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.