All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author, a lifelong accumulator of books ancient and modern, lives in a house large eugh to accommodate his many thousands of volumes, as well as overspill from the libraries of his friends. While his musings on the habits of collectors from the earliest kwn libraries are learned, amusing, and instructive, his advice on cataloguing may even save lives. Phantoms on the Bookshelves ranges from classical Greece to contemporary Iceland, from Balzac to Moby-Dick and Google. Rich in wit and wisdom, it will be a lasting delight for all who treasure books.
- Author BiographyJacques Bonnet is a publisher, translator and the author of novels and works of art history, including a monograph on the artist. James Salter is an American novelist and short story writer whose work includes the classic A Sport and A Pastime. He has won the PEN/Faulkner award, and who was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Letters in 2000.
- Author(s)Jacques Bonnet
- PublisherOverlook Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOverlook Press
- Weight227 g
- Width142 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byJames Salter
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.