All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionCovering the whole area of process chemistry in the pharmaceutical industry, this mograph provides the essential kwledge on the basic chemistry needed for future development and key industrial techniques, as well as morphology, engineering and regulatory compliances. Application-oriented and well structured, the authors include recent examples of excellent industrial production of active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Author BiographyTakayuki Shioiri is Emeritus Professor of Nagoya city University and President of the Japanese Society for Process Chemistry (JSPC). After working at University of Tokyo as research Associate, Assistant Professor, and then Associate Professor, he was appointed Professor at Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya city University in 1977. After retirement, he became Professor of Meijo University and retired again in 2007. Throughout his career, he explored a number of reagents including DPPA ((C6H5O)2P(O)N3) as well as Me3SiCHN2, and utilized these for the synthesis of a number of biologically interesting natural products, especially aquatic ones. by these works, he was awarded the Pharmaceutical Society of Japan Award and the Japanese Peptide Society Award. He was an Executive Editor of tetrahedron and President of the Japanese Peptide Society. he is an author/Collaborator on over 400 articles, book chapters, and scientific presentations. Kunisuke Izawa received his Ph.D. from Osaka University. In 1973, he joined Ajinomoto Co. to develop a new catalytic process. After carrying out postdoctoral research at MIT for two years, he returned in 1981 to the same company aiming at discovery of new methodology for pharmaceuticals. In 1990, he moved to the Process research as a general manager. Since then, he engaged in the process development of pharmaceutical fine chemicals in Ajinomoto. In 1999, he became a corporate executive fellow and an advisor of present. He is also serving as a vice president in the Society of Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Japan in 2009-2010 and an auditor of JSPC. His research interest is in the field of organic synthesis utilizing amino acids and nucleosides. He published over 200 scientific papers and patents. Toshiro Konoike received his Ph.D from Kyoto University in 1976, and joined Shionogi research Laboratories to develop a Synthetic method of 1-oxacephems. After spending two years at University of Pittsburgh as a postdoctoral fellow, he returned to Shionogi to discover a new drug as a medicinal chemist. He started his career of a process chemist in 2997 as a general manager of the chemical Development Laboratories, and he is currently a research advisor of Shionogi CMC Development Laboratories. His research interest covers process chemistry and new manufacturing Methodology. He is the fellow of the chemical Society of Japan and a board member of JSPC. He received the Chemical technology Award from the Kinki Chemical Society. He published 40 scientific papers and filed 30 patents.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication27/10/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1262 g
- Width179 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byKunisuke Izawa,Takayuki Shioiri,Toshiro Konoike
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.