All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionClinically-focussed, with easily accessible tables and chapter summaries suitable for clinicians and researchers, this comprehensive book provides a systematic, critical evaluation of the current literature. An updated clinical decision-making algorithm specifically tailored to the antiretroviral drugs is also provided. The identified interactions are interpreted in the context of kwn mechanisms derived from clinical, preclinical, and in vitro data. The clinical relevance of the interactions is systematically evaluated and gaps in literature discussed in the context of potential future experiments. In addition to the comprehensive summary of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic drug interactions associated with WHO-recommended antiretroviral drugs on the market today (i.e. nucleotide reverse-transcriptase inhibitors, n-nucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitors, integrase inhibitors, and protease inhibitors), this book also provides detailed section summaries on the epidemiology of HIV infection, diagsis and pharmacotherapy, basic pharmacology of the individual antiretrovirals, pertinent pre-clinical and in vitro molecular pharmacology, and in vitro drug interaction data available in the literature today.
- Author BiographyDr. Mary H.H. Ensom (formerly Chandler) is Professor, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Distinguished University Scholar, University of British Columbia (UBC) and Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Children's & Women's Health Centre of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada. Her research focuses on effects of various pathophysiologic states on pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics, novel drug monitoring methods, and stability of extemporaneously-compounded formulations. Dr. Ensom has ~525 publications (250 articles in peer-reviewed journals, 224 research abstracts, 3 books/monographs, 14 book chapters, and >30 other works) to her credit. She has received >75 awards, including 10 outstanding teacher awards. Among these national and international awards are: 2006 American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) Russell Miller Publication Award, 2007 UBC Killam Research Prize in Science, 2011 ACCP Education Award, 2012 American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists Award for Sustained Contributions to Literature, 2013 UK Pharmacy Residency Program Paul F. Parker Award, 2015 inaugural class (n=4) Hall of Distinguished Alumni, UK College of Pharmacy. She was Editor for the Canadian Journal of Hospital Pharmacy for 10 years and serves on editorial boards of 5 other journals Dr. Tony Kiang is a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist at Vancouver General Hospital and a Clinical Instructor at the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, the University of British Columbia (Vancouver, Canada). Tony is primarily interested in clinical pharmacology research, having published in numerous high impact, peer-reviewed journals/book chapters and received various competitive personal/research awards in the subject matter. Dr. Kyle John Wilby is an Assistant Professor and Coordinator of Assessment and Accreditation at the College of Pharmacy at Qatar University in Doha, Qatar. He is also a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist at the National Center for Cancer Care & Research. His research interest in primarily in pharmacy practice, drug interactions, medical education, and the influence of culture on healthcare. Dr. Wilby has published over 50 papers, 1 book chapter, and edited 1 book focused on pharmacokinetics, drug interactions, pharmacy practice, and pharmacy education.
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication03/01/2017
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations, 25 colour illustrations, 30 black & white tables, 1 colour tables, biography
- Weight374 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byKyle John Wilby,Mary H. H. Ensom,Tony K. L. Kiang
- Edition Statement2016 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.