All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis book comprises an integrated review of ocular therapeutics across all relevant fields. It addresses the real-world requirements of ophthalmologists, pharmacists and optometrists, as observed through working alongside these practitioners for two decades. Kwledge surrounding agents used in ophthalmic practice has, historically, been scattered. The book facilitates understanding of ocular drug therapy by compiling all key aspects of the pharmacology, toxicology, pharmaceutical science, ocular biochemistry and cell biology of these agents. Chapters detail drug transfer across barriers, systemic toxicity of topically applied drugs, automic drugs used for diagstics, as well as anti-inflammatory, antiallergic, glaucoma and antimicrobial therapies, and avenues for the development of new ocular drugs. Applications of extemporaneously prepared formulations are described to inform day-to-day clinical practice. The use of mucoadhesive polymers in tear substitutes, ocular drug delivery systems, stem cell therapy, pharmacogemics and antiangiogenic ocular chemotherapy are also explored. The book also provides insights from drugs of herbal origin, and a historical perspective on drugs for ocular use. Practicing and resident ophthalmologists, optometrists, pharmacists, nursing professionals, scholars in ocular drug research and students will equally benefit from this comprehensive guide.
- Author BiographyThirumurthy Velpandian is a Professor, heading the Ocular Pharmacology & Pharmacy Division at Dr. R.P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He has been involved in research, teaching and pharmaceutical patient care activities of ophthalmology. His area of interest is ocular pharmacokinetics of drugs, with reference to xenobiotic transporters across blood-ocular barriers, and developing animal models for various ophthalmic conditions. Pre-clinical drug development and delivery approaches are ongoing research collaborations. His laboratory is also involved in tear lipidomics, ocular QSPR, pharmacogenomics, as well as chemical and environmental issues related to ocular toxicity. He has been a visiting Professor to Harvard-MIT and a recipient of the Dr. Vinod Kumar Bhargava Award (2014) for Clinical Pharmacology and Drug Discovery by the National Academy of Medical Sciences, India. He currently serves as an Editor (Pharmacology) of Indian J Physiology and Pharmacology.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations, 67 colour illustrations, 41 black & white tables, 30 colour tables, biography
- Weight1065 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byThirumurthy Velpandian
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.