All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
- AU $36.15Trending at AU $37.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers an easily accessible specific methodology for describing the nuances of spoken and written texts, of any length, in meaning and manageable ways. Phasal Analysis is a book that offers an approach to discourse analysis for both linguists and n-linguistics. If offers an easily accessible specific methodology for describing the nuances of spoken and written texts, of any length, in meaning and manageable ways. It demonstrates, in eight clearly structured chapters, how to compile, contextualize and communicate the intricacies of a language analysis. Based around the communication linguistics framework developed with Michael Gregory, Karen Malcolm's book functions as an introduction to the description process that has come to be kwn as phasal analysis. The process is a method of capturing the way meanings are made and communicated, relationships are established and maintained and ideologies are supported and challenged. Featuring a wealth of student exercises and sample texts, this book is firmly pedagogic. Phasal Analysis reveals the innate structuring principles encoded in language, and will enable students from a range of disciplines, from linguistics to language studies to creative writing, to communicate on the message and purpose of the discourse under analysis.
- Author BiographyKaren Malcolm is Co-Ordinator and Associate Professor of the Interdisciplinary Linguistics Program at the University of Winnipet, Canada.
- Author(s)Karen Malcolm
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication23/09/2010
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight626 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.