All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionPhase Transitions in Foods, Second Edition, assembles the most recent research and theories on the topic, describing the phase and state transitions that affect techlogical properties of biological materials occurring in food processing and storage. It covers the role of water as a plasticizer, the effect of transitions on mechanical and chemical changes, and the application of modeling in predicting stability rates of change. The volume presents methods for detecting changes in the physical state and various techniques used to analyze phase behavior of biopolymers and food components. It should become a valuable resource for anyone involved with food engineering, processing, storage, and quality, as well as those working on related properties of pharmaceuticals and other biopolymers.
- Author BiographyYrjo. H. Roos is Professor of Food Technology and Head of School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, University College, Cork, Ireland. He holds MSc and PhD from University of Helsinki. He has extensive experience from appointments in the Dairy Industry and universities in the USA, Finland and Ireland. His research in Food Science and Engineering covers Physical Chemistry of Foods and Food Materials Science, particularly Phase and State Transitions in Food Processing and Storage. Stephan Drusch is Professor for Food Technology and Food Material Science at the Technische Universitat Berlin. He studied at the University of Kiel (Diploma, PhD) and worked as a researcher in the dairy industry, at the University of Kiel and the University of Milan. His research activites focus on structure-function relationships in food processing with emphasis on dispersed systems and the encapsulation of food ingredients.
- Author(s)Stephan Drusch,Yrjo Henr Roos
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight950 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.