All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionPheasant Shooting' is a comprehensive guide to the sport that covers all aspects from the formal driven shoot to the simplest of rough shoots. This book offers the readers straightforward, practical advice on the choices available to them including guns and ammunition, clothing, gundogs and the different types of shoot where they can take part. Rather than laying down hard and fast rules the author sets out the range of options available and then guides his readers so that they can make the right decisions for their particular needs. The book is t just aimed at those who shoot pheasants, but includes sections on beating, picking up, game-keeping and shoot management as well as advice on shoot day etiquette, safety, dog-handling and accessories: both those you need and those you are best to avoid. The author paints a vivid picture of the joys of pheasant shooting illustrated with tales of his own experiences, both good and, at times, bad. Wry, humourous and sometimes outspoken, this is a book that will appeal to the experienced shot as well as to the complete vice.
- Author BiographyDavid Hudson was born and raised in Suffolk but lived in various parts of the country before settling in southern Scotland. David is a writer and photographer specialising in field sports and has written a number of books on shooting and gundogs as well as contributing regularly to the shooting press. He keepers a small pheasant shoot near his home, and is equally happy shooting, beating or picking up just as long as he can take part. Pheasant Shooting is his eighth country sports book.
- Author(s)David Hudson
- PublisherQuiller Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication12/05/2005
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationShrewsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSwan Hill Press
- Out-of-print date18/02/2017
- Content Notecolour photographs throughout
- Weight798 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.