All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionPhemelogy and Psychological Science places phemelogy firmly in the context of psychological tradition. Dispelling widely-held misconceptions, the editors and their seven collaborators trace the evolution of phemelogical philosophy (including the work of Sartre and Heidegger) and its parallel impact on psychological science along a variety of paths. This book is important reading for professionals and advanced students concerned with the search for meaning that unites philosophy and psychology.
- Author BiographyDr Peter Ashworth is a professor of educational research at Sheffield Hallam University. Throughout his professional life a special concern has been the development of psychological methods based on existential-phenomenological thinking. He chaired the 18th International Human Science Research Conference in 1999. His substantive research has been largely in education and health; he has published four books and over forty research papers. He is currently working on a critique of the 'approaches to study' literature in Higher Education and developing a phenomenological alternative which emphasises the personal life world of the student. He is a Fellow of the British Psychological Society. Dr Man Cheung Chung is a Reader of Psychology in the Clinical Psychology Teaching Unit, School of Applied Psychosocial Studies at the University of Plymouth. His research interests include philosophy of psychology and health/clinical psychology. He has published some 100 articles and chapters in the foregoing areas as well as on other diverse topics. In addition to the present book, he has also edited Psychoanalytic Knowledge with Colin Feltham (Palgrave Macmillan, 2003), Psychology of Reasoning with Ken Manktelow (Psychology Press, 2004) and Reconceiving Schizophrenia with Bill Fulford and George Graham (Oxford University Press, forthcoming).
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/08/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleHistory and Philosophy of Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1100 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byMan Cheung Chung,Peter Ashworth
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.