All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis timely text presents a comprehensive guide to genetic association, a new and rapidly expanding field that aims to elucidate how our genetic code (getypes) influences the traits we possess (phetypes). The book provides a detailed review of methods of gene mapping used in association with experimental crosses, as well as geme-wide association studies. Emphasis is placed on model selection procedures for analyzing data from large-scale geme scans based on specifically designed modifications of the Bayesian information criterion. Features: presents a thorough introduction to the theoretical background to studies of genetic association (both genetic and statistical); reviews the latest advances in the field; illustrates the properties of methods for mapping quantitative trait loci using computer simulations and the analysis of real data; discusses open challenges; includes an extensive statistical appendix as a reference for those who are t totally familiar with the fundamentals of statistics.
- Author BiographyDr. Florian Frommlet is a researcher in the Center for Medical Statistics, Informatics, and Intelligent Systems at the Medical University of Vienna, Austria.Dr. Malgorzata Bogdan is an Associate Professor in the Institute of Mathematics at Wroclaw University, Poland.Dr. David Ramsey is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Operations Research at Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland.
- Author(s)David Ramsey,Florian Frommlet,Malgorzata Bogdan
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication13/02/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleComputational Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note20 Tables, color; 22 Tables, black and white; 20 Illustrations, color; 13 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 222 p. 33 illus., 20 illus. in color.
- Weight520 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.