Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis fully updated and beautifully redesigned handbook is the essential guide to the encyclopedic collections of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Divided into four sections--Asia, Europe, the Americas, and Contemporary--the handbook features more than 500 masterpieces from the museum's world-rewned holdings, each handsomely illustrated in color and accompanied by a brief text written by the museum's curators. Each section integrates a wide variety of media, including paintings, works on paper, sculptures, decorative arts, costumes and textiles, arms and armor, and photography. Expanded entries provide in-depth information on some of the most historically significant and beloved objects, such as a 16th-century Indian temple hall, Grace Kelly's wedding dress, and Marcel Duchamp's Etant donnes. Other passages discuss the contributions of several of the museum's most important dors, exploring the idea of the Philadelphia Museum of Art as a collection of collections.
- Author BiographyTimothy Rub is the George D. Widener Director and Chief Executive Officer, Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication06/01/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitlePhiladelphia Museum of Art
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Out-of-print date19/08/2016
- Content Note550 colour images + 10 b/w illustrations
- Weight1243 g
- Width178 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Introduction byTimothy Rub
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.