All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionPhilip's Month-by-Month Star Finder is a concise calendar for star watchers in the rthern hemisphere. Star charts show the position of stars, constellations and other celestial objects for each month of the year, in both rtherly and southerly directions. The introduction explains the basic facts that observers need to kw: the apparent motions of the stars, seasonal changes, star brightnesses, the nature of the Milky Way, and how the night sky is represented on maps. In addition, location tables are provided for the four planets bright eugh to be seen easily from the Earth with the naked eye: Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. The principal lunar features are also indicated on a pair of photographs showing the Moon at first quarter and at last quarter.
- Author BiographyJohn Woodruff (Author) John Woodruff has been involved in publishing since 1977, working as an author, consultant and project manager on a wide range of astronomy and popular science titles. Wil Tirion (Illustrator) Wil Tirion, who lives in the Netherlands, is the most highly regarded cartographer of celestial maps and charts in the world today.
- Author(s)John Woodruff
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight120 g
- Width199 mm
- Height171 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Wil Tirion
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.