All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionPhilip's Moon Observer's Guide is a practical guide for Moonwatchers, suitable for both beginners and more experienced observers. Peter Grego, a well-kwn Moon expert, shares his enthusiasm and expertise in this informative book. Features on the Moon are best seen when they are close to the day-night line, kwn as the terminator. At the heart of Philip's Moon Observer's Guide is a day-by-day lunar observing diary based on the progress of the terminator. Using detailed sections of Moon map for each day, the author explains when to look for which features, enabling you to plan your own lunar explorations. Colourful diagrams, stunning close-up images and straightforward text explain the origin and appearance of the different types of surface feature. Eclipses are always eagerly followed by astromers, and the author explains the best way to observe and record these fascinating events. Philip's Moon Observer's Guide is divided into seven chapters: Lunar geology and the Moon's features The Moon in space The lunar observer's equipment Moonwatching Recording your observations Eclipses and occultations The space-age Moon Philip's Moon Observer's Guide also includes a glossary of terms as well as details of a number of astromical societies and groups, together with useful Internet resources.
- Author BiographyPeter Grego is Director of the Lunar Section of Britain's Society for Popular Astronomy (SPA) and the Topographical Coordinator of the British Astronomical Association (BAA) Lunar Section. He writes and illustrates the monthly MoonWatch page in Astronomy Now magazine and is the expert on observing for Sky at Night magazine's Astro Answers.
- Author(s)Peter Grego
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication19/12/2015
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight290 g
- Width130 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.