All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the most comprehensive, up-to-date, and easily accessible field guide to the mammals of Borneo--the ideal travel companion for anyone visiting this region of the world. Covering Sabah, Sarawak, Brunei, and Kalimantan, the book provides essential information on 277 species of land and marine mammals and features 141 breathtaking color plates. Detailed facing-page species accounts describe taxomy, size, range, distribution, habits, and status. This unique at-a-glance guide also includes distribution maps, habitat plates, regional maps, fast-find graphic indexes, top mammal sites, and a complete overview of the vegetation, climate, and ecology of Borneo. * Covers 277 species--from orangutans and clouded leopards to otters and other marine mammals * Features 141 superb color plates * Includes facing-page species accounts, distribution maps, fast-find graphic indexes, and more * Describes Borneo's vegetation, climate, and ecology
- Author BiographyQuentin Phillipps is a native of Borneo who has been fascinated by its wildlife and natural history since he was a child. Karen Phillipps is a native of Borneo who has illustrated many books on Asian wildlife, including A Field Guide to the Mammals of Borneo. They are the coauthors of the acclaimed Phillipps' Field Guide to the Birds of Borneo (Princeton).
- Author(s)Karen Phillipps,Quentin Phillipps
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication28/06/2017
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitlePrinceton Field Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note141 color plates. 160 maps.
- Weight828 g
- Width146 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine28 mm
Save on Other
- AU $13.50Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $32.62Trending at AU $42.59
- AU $6.01Trending at AU $7.21
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $20.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.