All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionRaabe critiques both existing theoretical conceptions of philosophical counseling and accounts of its practice. He then presents and defends an overarching model of philosophical counseling that captures the best conceptions and reports of practice. The volume begins with an examination of the principles of philosophical counseling as they have been gathered from theoretical rmative hypotheses and from accounts of actual practice. Raabe then presents a new model of philosophical counseling based on the combination of principles presented earlier and experiential data from his private practice. The volume concludes with sample cases from his own practice to illustrate the principles at work in a number of different applications of philosophical counseling. Practicing counselers as well as scholars and advanced students of philosophy, psychology, counseling, and educational guidance will find this work of particular importance.
- Author BiographyPETER B. RAABE teaches philosophy at Simon Fraser University and University College of the Fraser Valley in Vancouver, Canada./e He is also a philosophical counselor in private practice and was the first person in Canada to be awarded a doctorate based on his theoretical and practical work in philosophical counseling. Dr. Raabe publishes a monthly column on philosophical counseling and has written numerous journal articles on the topic.
- Author(s)Peter B. Raabe
- Date of Publication30/11/2000
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight598 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.