All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover a provocative, timeless overview of philosophy that you will find where else with the eleventh edition of this classic introductory text, PHILOSOPHY: AN INTRODUCTION TO THE ART OF WONDERING. Author James L. Christian takes a unique syptic approach that will both engage and visually captivate you as the book focuses on the big picture and the interdisciplinary origins of philosophical thinking. This edition's fascinating presentation is interwoven with cartoons, quotations, and related findings from the social and physical sciences that ensure central philosophical concepts are accessible. An eclectic range of topics reinforces the author's presentation of philosophy as the individual's attempt to unify disparate world views. Interspersed biographies provide glimpses into the lives of great thinkers who have molded the Western philosophical tradition and largely influenced how society thinks today. With the help of Christian's PHILOSOPHY: AN INTRODUCTION TO THE ART OF WONDERING, Eleventh Edition, you can refine the analytical skills you need to evaluate critically and contribute to the big picture of Western philosophy yourself.
- Author BiographyJames Christian received an STB in Historical Theology and a PhD in Philosophy of History, both from Boston University and is now Professor Emeritus at Santa Ana College. Long renowned for his engaging teaching and writing style, he is also author of I am also the author of ETI: The First Encounter, and a two-volume history of Western thought entitled The Wisdom Seekers: Great Philosophers of the Western World (Wadsworth, 2002). Of his approach, Christian says Intellectually, I am a child of my teacher Arnold Toynbee who instilled in me a passion to see all existence as a single phenomenon but without losing sight of the most minute details-this cave painting, this footnote, this flower in this crannied wall.
- Author(s)James Christian
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication26/01/2011
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight1240 g
- Width206 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition StatementInternational Edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.