All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $15.02Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionTake 25 of the liveliest philosophers of our time. Talk to each about one of the most intriguing topics you can think of-from ethics to aesthetics to metaphysics. The result is a Philosophy Bite-a lively, informal conversation that brings the subject into focus. First made public on the ermously popular Philosophy Bites podcast, these entertaining, personal, and illuminating conversations are presented in print. The result is a book that is a taster for the whole enterprise of philosophy, and gives unexpected insights into hot topics spanning ethics, politics, metaphysics, aesthetics, and the meaning of life.
- Author BiographyDavid Edmonds is a documentary maker for the BBC World Service, and the author or co-author of several books, including Wittgenstein's Poker, written with John Eidinow (short-listed for the Guardian First Book Award, translated into twenty five languages, and an international best seller) Bobby Fischer Goes To War, (translated into a dozen languages and was long-listed for the Samuel Johnson prize) and Rousseau's Dog about the relationship between Jean-Jacques Rousseau and David Hume. David received a First Class degree in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from Oxford University and then took the B.Phil. in philosophy. He has a PhD in philosophy from the Open University. He has held fellowships from the University of Chicago and the University of Michigan. He is currently a Research Associate at the Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics at Oxford University and a Contributing Editor for Prospect Magazine. Nigel Warburton is a freelance philosopher, podcaster, and writer. His books include A Little History of Philosophy, Philosophy: the Basics, Thinking from A to Z, Philosophy: the Classics, The Art Question, and Free Speech: A Very Short Introduction. He runs several weblogs including virtualphilosopher.com and artandallusion.com.
- Author(s)David Edmonds,Nigel Warburton
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication12/01/2012
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight292 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.14Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.