All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThe stories are powerful, sometimes heart-rending, sometimes lyrical, but always deeply personal. And there is some very good philosophizing as part of the bargain. -Merold Westphal How can the seemingly separate lives of philosopher, feminist, and follower of a religious tradition come together in one person's life? How does religious commitment affect philosophy or feminism? How does feminism play out in religious or philosophical commitment? Wrestling with answers to these questions, women who balance philosophy, feminism, and faith write about their lives. The voices gathered here from several different traditions-Catholic, Protestant, Quaker, Jewish, and Muslim-represent diverse ethnicities, races, and ages. The challenging and poignant reflections in Philosophy, Feminism, and Faith show how critical thought can successfully mesh with religious faith and social responsibility.
- Author BiographyRuth E. Groenhout teaches in the Department of Philosophy at Calvin College. Marya Bower is Associate Professor of Philosophy at Earlham College.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication19/02/2003
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleIndiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note1 index
- Weight439 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMarya Bower,Ruth E. Groenhout
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.