All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.36
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.86
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.61
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.26
About this product
- DescriptionPhilosophizing considering life questions stimulates thinking: processing information, reasoning, thinking creatively, evaluating alternatives. Many children are natural philosophers. They observe the world around them from a young age, have a keen sense of right and wrong, and ask endless questions. Stories fables, fairy tales, parables are a classic device for teaching lessons about life, morality, chance, consequences, and other cultures to audiences both young and old. <i>Philosophy Sucks...Kids Right In!</i> is a guide that parents and educators can use to structure and guide this process. Contributors Nel de Theije-Avontuur and Leo Kaniok have collected 40 short stories that encourage children to ponder the themes of happiness, love, friendship, peace, freedom, respect, and equality and more. An introductory chart clearly lays out the age groupings the stories are appropriate for, a primary theme, possible secondary themes, and the teaching purpose of the story. Many stories come with discussion papers that suggest areas of exploration with children of different age groups (46, 68, 810, and 1012) and grades. The open-ended questions encourage self-reflection and stimulate children to experience the stories more intensely and seek their own answers to the big questions of life.
- Author Biography<b>Nel de Theije-Avontuur</b> lives in Deurne in the Netherlands and is a teacher of children with special needs. He specializes in teaching values through stories and gives storytelling workshops.<b>Leo Kaniok</b> is a publisher and collector of old stories from cultures all over the world. He has published several story collections and his publishing company, Zintenz, publishes gift-cards with stories. He lives in Haarlem, The Netherlands.
- Author(s)Leo Kaniok,Nel De Theije - Avontuur
- PublisherHunter House Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleSmartthoughts
- Place of PublicationAlameda, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHunter House Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.