All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis groundbreaking volume of original essays presents fresh avenues of inquiry at the intersection of philosophy and psychiatry. Contributors draw from a variety of fields, including evolutionary psychiatry, phemelogy, biopsychosocial models, psychoanalysis, neuroscience, neuroethics, behavioral ecomics, and virtue theory. Philosophy and Psychiatry's unique structure consists of two parts: in the first, philosophers write five lead essays with replies from psychiatrists. In the second part, this arrangement is reversed. The result is an interdisciplinary exchange that allows for direct discourse, and a volume at the forefront of defining an emerging discipline. Philosophy and Psychiatry will be of interest to professionals in philosophy and psychiatry, as well as mental health researchers and clinicians.
- Author BiographyDaniel Moseley co-founded and coordinates the UNC-CH Philosophical Issues in Psychiatry Research Group. He is a philosopher who is currently a postdoctoral fellow in a joint Duke University and UNC-CH program in mental health research. Gary Gala co-founded and coordinates the UNC-CH Philosophical Issues in Psychiatry Research Group. He is Associate Chair for Education and Training in Psychiatry. He is also a visiting scholar in the Department of Philosophy at UNC-CH.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/09/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byDaniel D. Moseley,Gary Gala
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.