All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhilosophy for A2: Unit 3 is the definitive textbook for students of the current AQA Advanced Level syllabus. Structured very closely around the AQA specifications for Unit 3: Key Themes in Philosophy, it introduces the student to each of the core themes: * philosophy of mind * political philosophy * epistemology and metaphysics * moral philosophy * philosophy of religion. All chapters are helpfully subdivided into short digestible passages, and include: * quiz questions to test core kwledge * discussion questions to deepen understanding *'going further' sections for advanced study * text boxes highlighting key definitions and arguments * cross-references to help students make connections * lively illustrations, diagrams and a glossary. In addition, a chapter on exam preparation contains a wealth of helpful hints and tips on revision and exam techniques. Written by an experienced philosopher and A Level consultant, Philosophy for A2: Unit 3 is an essential companion for all students of A2 Level philosophy.
- Author BiographyMichael Lacewing is Director of Research and Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at Heythrop College, University of London. He is founder of the company A Level Philosophy, and a consultant on philosophy at A Level for the British Philosophical Association.
- Author(s)Michael Lacewing
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2009
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 5 black & white halftones, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight654 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.