All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhilosophy for A2: Unit 4 is the definitive textbook for students of the current AQA Advanced Level syllabus for philosophy. Structured very closely around the AQA specifications for Unit 4: Philosophical Problems, Michael Lacewing helps students to engage with and understand the arguments of the five key texts: * Hume's An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding * Plato's The Republic * Mill's On Liberty * Descartes' Meditations * Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil. All chapters are helpfully subdivided into short digestible passages, and include: * quiz questions to test core kwledge * discussion questions to deepen understanding *'going further' sections for advanced study * text boxes highlighting key definitions and arguments * cross-references to help students make connections. In addition, a chapter on exam preparation contains a wealth of helpful hints and tips on revision and exam techniques. Written by an experienced philosopher and A Level consultant, Philosophy for A2: Unit 4 is an essential companion for all students of A2 Level philosophy.
- Author BiographyMichael Lacewing is Director of Research and Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at Heythrop College, University of London. He is founder of the company A Level Philosophy, and a consultant on philosophy at A Level for the British Philosophical Association.
- Author(s)Michael Lacewing
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2009
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight589 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.