Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionDon't just understand philosophy - live it in the open-source revival for the digital age. You find yourself in an endless forest, walking past trees like rockets. The smell of dry pine about to ignite. You see a deer, and its eyes are trying to tell you something...but what? These are some of the images of philosophy in action - the scenes you will visit and learn from.For the initiated, Augustine offers an exhortation inspired by theMeditations of Marcus Aurelius, yet everyone who struggles will find comfort in the energetic dialogues, essays, and letters within. Philosophy for Any Life embraces topics such as death, fire, chickens, anxiety, the unity of nature, sex, mindfulness, getting out of bed in the morning, anger, habit, resolve, suffering, and judgment all from the point of view of a Stoic philosopher. Thousands of years of ancient wisdom are rekindled in a fresh, modern style.
- Author(s)Zachary G Augustine
- Date of Publication04/10/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.