All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise, accessible volume captures the relationship between politics and philosophy as it is conceived in Alain Badiou's work. Harking back to his mentor Louis Althusser, Badiou explains how politics conditions philosophy, while suggesting that philosophy itself may be needed to clarify the truths produced within the political condition. Badiou also offers an intriguing take on what he calls the four major ensembles of French and, more broadly, Western society today, in which new emancipatory forms of politics are emerging: students, the young, workers and immigrants. Badiou concludes with a return to the tion of communism, here defined as an answer to the obscure kt that ties politics, philosophy and democracy.
- Author BiographyALAIN BADIOU teaches philosophy at the Ecole normale superieure and the College international de philosophie in Paris. His recent books include Ethics; Metapolitics; Polemics; The Communist Hypothesis; Five Lessons on Wagner; and Wittgenstein's Antiphilosophy.
- Author(s)Alain Badiou
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication24/04/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitlePocket Communism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight91 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.