All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhilosophy in Minutes distils 200 of the most important philosophical ideas into easily digestible, bite-sized sections. The core information for every topic - including debates such as the role of philosophy in science and religion, key thinkers from Aristotle to Marx, and introductions to morality and ethics - is explained in straightforward language, using illustrations to make the concepts easy to understand and remember. Whether you are perplexed by existentialism or pondering the tion of free will, this accessible small-format book will help any reader to quickly grasp the basics of this highly nuanced subject. Chapters include: Truth and logic, Marxism, Communism and Socialism, Ontology, Philosophy and literature, Existence of God, Feminist theory, Consciousness, The future of philosophy.
- Author BiographyMarcus Weeks is the author of the hugely successful Philosophy in Minutes, Psychology in Minutes and Politics in Minutes. He has written numerous other books and contributed to prestigious reference works such as The Philosophy Book, the Millennium Encyclopedia and the Definitive Visual Guide series.
- Author(s)Marcus Weeks
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleIn Minutes
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Content Note200 illustrations and diagrams
- Weight358 g
- Width128 mm
- Height131 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.