All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionThe scope of Philosophy in Multiple Voices provides the reader with eight philosophical streams of thought-African-American, Afro-Caribbean, Asian-American, Feminist, Latin-American, Lesbian, Native-American and Queer-that introduce readers to alternative, complex philosophical questions concerning gendered, sexed, racial and ethnic identities, can formation, and meta-philosophy. The overriding theme of the text is that philosophy is pluralistic in voice, rich in diversity, and ought to valorize democratic intellectual spaces of philosophical engagement.
- Author BiographyGeorge Yancy teaches philosophy at Duquesne University. He is the author of many articles and chapters on critical race theory. He has also edited several other volumes, notably White on White/Black on Black, which won a Choice Outstanding Academic Book Award for 2005.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication05/08/2007
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight426 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byGeorge Yancy
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.