All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhilosophy of Ecomics: A Contemporary Introduction is the first systematic textbook in the philosophy of ecomics. It introduces the epistemological, metaphysical and ethical problems that arise in ecomics, and presents detailed discussions of the solutions that have been offered. Throughout, philosophical issues are illustrated by and analysed in the context of concrete cases drawn from contemporary ecomics, the history of ecomic ideas, and actual ecomic events. This demonstrates the relevance of philosophy of ecomics both for the science of ecomics and for the ecomy. This text will provide an excellent introduction to the philosophy of ecomics for students and interested general readers alike.
- Author BiographyJulian Reiss is Professor of Philosophy at Durham University. He has a degree in economics and finance from the University of St Gallen and a PhD in philosophy from the London School of Economics. His main research interests are methodologies of the sciences, philosophy of economics, and science and values. He is the author of Error in Economics: Towards a More Evidence-Based Methodology (2008), Philosophy of Economics: A Contemporary Introduction (2013), and some 40 papers in leading philosophy and social science journals and edited collections.
- Author(s)Julian Reiss
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Contemporary Introductions to Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.