All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhilosophy of Education: An Anthology brings together the essential historical and contemporary readings in the philosophy of education. * The readings have been selected for their philosophical merit, their focus on important aspects of educational practice and their readability. * Includes classic pieces by Plato, Aristotle, Isocrates, Locke, Rousseau, Mill, and Dewey. * Addresses topical issues such as teacher professionalism and accountability, the commercialization of schooling, multicultural education, and parental choice.
- Author BiographyRandall Curren is Professor and Chair of the Philosophy Department and Professor of Education at the University of Rochester, NY. He has published in philosophy of education, law, ethics, and history of philosophy, including Aristotle on the Necessity of Public Education (2000). He is the editor of A Companion to the Philosophy of Education (Blackwell, 2003) and of the journal Theory and Research in Education.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2006
- Series TitleBlackwell Philosophy Anthologies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1050 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byRandall R. Curren
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.