All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
About this product
- DescriptionPhilosophy of Molecular Medicine: Foundational Issues in Theory and Practice aims at a systematic investigation of a number of foundational issues in the field of molecular medicine. The volume is organized around four broad modules focusing, respectively, on the following key aspects: What are the nature, scope, and limits of molecular medicine? How does it provide explanations? How does it represent and model phemena of interest? How does it infer new kwledge from data and experiments? The essays collected here, authored by prominent scientists and philosophers of science, focus on a handful of mainstream topics in the philosophical literature, such as causation, explanation, modeling, and scientific inference. These previously unpublished contributions shed new light on these traditional topics by integrating them with problems, methods, and results from three prominent areas of contemporary biomedical science: basic research, translational and clinical research, and clinical practice.
- Author BiographyGiovanni Boniolo (degrees in Physics and in Philosophy) is Professor of Philosophy of Science and Medical Humanities at the Universita di Ferrara, and Anna Boyksen Fellow at the Institute for Advanced Study, Technische Universitat Munchen. He has published 13 books (plus 12 books edited) and about 200 research articles. Marco J. Nathan is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University of Denver. His work has been published in various philosophical and scientific venues, including Nous, Philosophy of Science, British Journal for Philosophy of Science, Nephrology Dialysis and Transplantation, Biology and Philosophy, and Synthese.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/11/2016
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byGiovanni Boniolo,Marco J. Nathan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.