All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionAs witnessed by recent films such as Fight Club and Identity, our culture is obsessed with multiple personality-a phemen raising intriguing questions about personal identity. This study offers both a full-fledged philosophical theory of personal identity and a systematic account of multiple personality. Gunnarsson combines the methods of analytic philosophy with close hermeneutic and phemelogical readings of cases from different fields, focusing on psychiatric and psychological treatises, self-help books, biographies, and fiction. He develops an original account of personal identity (the authorial correlate theory) and offers a provocative interpretation of multiple personality: in brief, multiples are right about the metaphysics but wrong about the facts.
- Author BiographyLogi Gunnarsson is Professor of Philosophy at University of Potsdam, Germany.
- Author(s)Logi Gunnarsson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Contemporary Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.