All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionAn alphabetically arranged guide to the philosophy of science. While philosophy of science has always been an integral part of philosophy, since the beginning of the twentieth century it has developed its own structure and its fair share of technical vocabulary and problems. Philosophy of Science A-Z gives concise, accurate and illuminating accounts of key positions, concepts, arguments and figures in the philosophy of science. It aids understanding of current debates, explains their historical development and connects them with broader philosophical issues. It presupposes little prior kwledge of philosophy of science and is equally useful to the beginner, the more advanced student and the general reader. Readers will find in it illuminating explanations, careful analysis, relevant examples, open problems and, last but t least, precise arguments. Philosophy of science is a flourishing discipline and Philosophy of Science A to Z is a practical and imaginative way into and through it.
- Author BiographyStahis Psillos is Associate Professor in the Department of Philosophy and History of Science at the University of Athens, Greece. His book Causation and Explanation (Acumen, 2002) has received the British Society for the Philosophy of Science Presidents' Award. He is also the author of Scientific Realism: How Science Tracks Truth (Routledge, 1999) and the editor (with Martin Curd) of the Routledge Companion to the Philosophy of Science (forthcoming).
- Author(s)Stathis Psillos
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication27/03/2007
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePhilosophy A-Z
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content NoteNone
- Weight274 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byOliver Leaman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.