Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe text re-evaluates Greek mythology, throws a harsh new light on the invention of democracy, and exposes Platonic harmony to be an ideal driven by a peculiarly masculine fear of death. It was a fear that could only be overcome by denying the significance of difference, and at times even the rightful existence of that which embodied difference. For the Greek man, the difference that mattered was where more frighteningly apparent than in woman.
- Author BiographyVigdis Songe-Moller is senior lecturer in Philosophy at the University of Bergen, Norway.
- Author(s)Vigdis Songe-Moller
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/01/2003
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleAthlone Contemporary European Thinkers S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight439 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byPeter Cripps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.