All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFads and fashions influenced the evolution of phograph design in twentieth-century America, creating a vivid visual cavalcade. This beautiful volume is full of gleaming metal, glistening wood, pastel plastic, glowing dials, and fashionable fabrics. This is a story of developing style that stretches from the Victrola in the early 1900s to Quadraphonic sound of the 1970s. Yet the history of phograph design is t just about eye-catching cabinetry, it is also the saga of our parents and grandparents, and the way they saw the world in which they lived. Through 340 color illustrations and detailed captions the development of phograph design and sound reproduction is engagingly explored. All who are interested in phograph collecting, design, art, music and twentieth-century social history will be fascinated by this book.
- Author BiographyTimothy C. Fabrizio and George F. Paul are accomplished authorities on talking machines and are both residents of New York State. Tim currently restores and sells these machines. George's Phonograph Forum column has been a feature of the New Amberola Graphic* since 1983.
- Author(s)George F. Paul,Timothy C. Fabrizio
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication14/03/2001
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note340 color photos
- Weight841 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.67Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $28.01
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.