All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides the most comprehensive and authoritative collection of the key readings in phological theory.It includes key classic and contemporary readings in the main areas of phological research, including autosegmental phology, syllable structure, lexical phology, metrical phology, the phology/syntax interface and optimality theory, complemented by introductions and bibliography.Designed to complement the outstanding Handbook of Phological Theory, this volume is ideal as a primary text for course use. It also represents an unparalleled work of reference for anyone interested in recent developments in linguistic theory.
- Author Biography<b>John A. Goldsmith</b> is Professor of Linguistics at the University of Chicago. He is author of <i>Autosegmental and Metrical Phonology</i> (Blackwell, 1990) and editor of <i>The Handbook of Phonology</i> (Blackwell, 1995).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/09/1999
- Series TitleLinguistics: The Essential Readings
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight800 g
- Width180 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byJohn A. Goldsmith
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.