All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionThe Third International Conference on Phon Scattering in Condensed Matter was held at Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island from August 28-31, 1979. The previous conferences in this series were held at Nottingham in 1975, and in France at Paris and Ste Maxime in 1972. Until about 15 years ago phon scattering was studied almost exclusively by measurements of thermal conductivity. This approach has the severe limitation that the result obtained for the phon scattering rate is actually the average of the scattering for all of the phons in the sample. Thus, distinction can be made between phons of different polarization, direction of propagation, or energy. During the 1960's several significant developments occurred. The most important of these was the application by Von Gutfeld and Nethercot of the heat-pulse method, previously used only in liquid helium, to the investigation of phons in crystals. This approach makes possible the study of the propagation and scat- tering of phons of kwn polarization and propagation direction. The early heat-pulse experiments used phon generators which pro- duced phons having a broad distribution of energies and, in addi- tion, the phon detectors were sensitive to phons of all energies.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/10/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight860 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byH.J. Maris
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1980
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.