All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on the theory of phon interactions in nascale structures with particular emphasis on modern electronic and optoelectronic devices. The continuing progress in the fabrication of semiconductor nastructures with lower dimensional features has led to devices with enhanced functionality and even vel devices with new operating principles. The critical role of phon effects in such semiconductor devices is well kwn. There is therefore a great need for a greater awareness and understanding of confined phon effects. A key goal of this book is to describe tractable models of confined phons and how these are applied to calculations of basic properties and phemena of semiconductor heterostructures. The level of presentation is appropriate for undergraduate and graduate students in physics and engineering with some background in quantum mechanics and solid state physics or devices. A basic understanding of electromagnetism and classical acoustics is assumed.
- Author BiographyDr. Michael A. Stroscio earned a Ph.D. in Physics from Yale University and held research positions at the Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory and the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, before moving into the management of federal research and development at a variety of U.S. government agencies. Dr. Stroscio has served as a policy analyst for the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, and as Vice Chairman of the White House Panel on Scientific Communication. He has taught and lectured on Physics and Electrical Engineering at several universities including Duke University, the North Carolina State University and the University of California at Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Michael A. Stroscio,Mitra Dutta
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/08/2005
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note90 b/w illus. 6 tables
- Weight470 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.