All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionAdesine 3 ,5 -cyclic mophosphate (cAMP) and guasine 3 ,5 -cyclic mophosphate are ubiquitous nucleotides that have been described as the first and second messengers. In concert with intracellular calcium and IP3, they play a major role in the control of intracellular signaling, which orchestrates rmal and pathophysiological responses. Downstream from the cyclic nucleotide synthesis by adenylyl and guanylyl cyclases, the multigenic family of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases (PDEs), by specifically hydrolyzing cyclic nucleotides, controls cAMP and cGMP levels to maintain a basal state. Their critical role in intracellular sign- ing has recently designated them as new therapeutical targets. Several leading pharmaceutical companies are searching and developing new therapeutic agents that would potently and selectively inhibit PDE isozymes, tably PDE4 and PDE5. Nevertheless, the precise mechanism and the contribution of the various PDE isozymes in modulating intracellular signaling remain to be established. The aim of Phosphodiesterase Methods and Protocols is to provide a palette of a variety of conceptual and technical approaches designed to solve qu- tions concerning the role of PDEs, and ultimately of their different variants, in physiological functions as well as their implications in several pathologies.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number307
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note92 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight457 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byClaire Lugnier
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2005
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.